Countless high skilled photographers don’t have enough clients. Do you know why? It’s because a lot of people don’t know them. This means they don’t have a website that can reach them globally. Some people might fear of the cost of building website. But believe us, you can save your money by developing it by yourself. Do you think it’s impossible? Well, believe in yourself. Use WordPress. You don’t have to be a web designer, you can learn to use a user-friendly content management system like WordPress. Do you want to know how? Just follow our suggestions in how to build a professional looking website at an affordable cost without sacrificing security, still SEO-friendly, on all devices they look pretty, and most importantly saving your money.
They’re all mobile responsive + HTML5.
Best 5 Portfolio Themes for WordPress
- GridStack – unique and modern portfolio theme for agencies, artists and freelancers
- Salient – responsive and retina ready; multi-purpose WP template that is fully customizable. eCommerce ready via WooCommerce.
- Extinct – delicately handcrafted to meet the needs of a creative agency or similar businesses
- Everest – fully responsive HTML5 theme that is ideal for photographers, agencies or creative freelancers
- Essenza – a perfectly responsive and beautiful WordPress grid portfolio with premium options
How to Create Your Portfolio Website
- Buy a Domain Name
First you need to register that domain name. It is simple, just go to one of the domain registrars such as Namecheap and Godaddy. You can search for a domain name and if it’s available, buy it before somebody else grabs it.
A domain name is like the signboard outside of a restaurant or motel. It should be a name people can remember easily.
- Get a Reliable Web Hosting
Since you have your domain name, it is time to decide upon your web hosting account. Identify thoroughly your web hosting requirements regardless of whether you need free hosting, dedicated hosting, shared hosting, virtual private server (vps) hosting or perhaps a reseller hosting. But since it is your first website, you can start with a shared hosting plan.
Nevertheless, prior to signing up to any web hosting provider, you have to review first their abilities and reputations. Pick the one that excels in website hosting features offered, plenty of freebies, A+ BBB score, responsive and educated customer support, good review, includes a money back guarantee and many of all offers high quality hosting service at an affordable price.
Since you already know the quickest method to set up a professional website, which is by using one of the above template, where should you go for hosting this awesome new website of yours? It is vital that you choose a hosting that has good support. Many professional web designers believe that you cannot go wrong with HG for hosting your WordPress site(s). You can try Hostgator for $0.01 only and use the coupon code WEBSITELAUNCH.
Or use the 25% OFF on any hosting plans using the coupon code WEBTEMPLATE ,
Build Your Website and Customize It
After you have your domain name and web hosting company, it is time to decide the platform of your homestay business website. It is highly suggested to use WordPress since it has powerful and elegant photography themes and plugins that you can use. Aside from the fact that, WordPress can be easily installed via one-click installer like Fantastico and QuickInstall that can be found in cPanel.
When you have finished installing the software, it is time to customize your website. If you want more stunning themes, you can go to Themeforest.
Smart Ways to Save for Web Hosting Service
- Use shortcodes and StudioPress’ Genesis Plugins to customize your theme
- You can add a more customizable grid for your photos, testimonials, galleris and products using Themeforest portfolio plugins
- If you do not have a hosting yet, get this Secret Offer from a highly reputable web host. Hosting is only $36/year including hosting, email accounts, and domain name.
- If you choose other theme outside of StudioPress, you will still need to purchase Genesis