So your website-making skill sucks? You want to learn to make money by making websites and web applications? You can start now with these proven methods.
How to Improve Your Web Design Skill
- Continuous Learning – learn by doing. Register own domain. Have a web hosting of your own. Do not rely on the free hosting because you cannot learn the whole process of web development including changing DNS settings, uploading files, using FTP, and much more. Build your own website from ground up – not just use those templates from Blogspot. We highly recommend Namecheap for registering your domain, and Hostgator as web hosting.
- Don’t Be Afraid to Break Things – code your own HTML. You must know HTML even though there are many WYSIWYG editors and CMS are out these days. 99% of professional web developers will say the same thing. You cannot be a good web designer without knowing HTML.
- Take Advantage of Software and Tools – there are online and offline tools that can help you. Learn what the successful designers are using like cPanel, Fantastico and WordPress.
List of Resources on How to Create a Website
Here are some free resources to help you improve. Remember, the more you practice, the better you get.
- Full Web Building Tutorials: www.w3schools.com
- The Web Book (free): www.the-web-book.com
- Beginner’s HTML Tutorial: www.htmlbasix.com
- How to Create a Webpage: www.make-a-web-site.com
- So You Want To Set Up Your First Site, Huh?: www.htmlgoodies.com
- Beginner CSS Tutorials: www.w3schools.com
- More CSS Tutorials: www.csstutorial.net
- Intermediate CSS Tutorials: www.echoecho.com
- Learning CSS Tutorials: www.html.net
Web Hosting Info
- Compare and find the best hosting www.webhostingcomparison.org
- Find the best blog hosting www.hostingtopic.com