How do successful web designers make great-looking websites quickly and at very low cost?
Paying outrageous fees for a website, sucks.
You know how many small business owners paid expensive fees to web designers while others managed to pay just a fraction of this cost? Company A, a small business, paid $6300 (source: createownwebsite.org/small-business-website-cost) for an information website. Another business, company B, paid only $200 for the same kind of website, with the same number of pages, same specs for web hosting and almost the same design features. How is this even possible? Shocking truth: Company B did not engage a web designer.
Do you need to make a website for your personal or a local community in your area, but do not want pay thousands to a web designer? Are you an aspiring web designer looking to create a website for a business or culture and arts community in your state, but do not want to spend much time and money? It does not matter if your are located in London or Boston, in Malaysia or Africa. It should not make any difference why you need to make a website. If you are willing to spend a few extra hours to learn what it takes to build a website, then you can avoid paying shocking fees to web developers.
What Web Designers Will Not Tell You
Making an awesome personal, hobby, community or charity website can be expedited and should be affordable to any individual or organisation. You must use these secrets that experienced web developers use to make more money for themselves.
- Be sure to pay the cheapest price for domain registration.
- Be sure to use a hosting that has knowledgable support team so you do not have to fork out money to programmers when you got stuck
- Be sure to choose the best and easiest content-management system to quickly make a website that is optimized for top search results, and update the website yourself whenever you want.
- Be sure to get one of the best ready-made template that is suitable for your business to design a stunning look and feel for your website
- Be sure to earn some income from the website (so that your website will at least pay for itself)
Cheap Domain Registration
You can pay $17.99 at Godaddy or $35 at Network Solutions. But what if you can pay a mere $10.99? This is the best price we found if you prefer .COM, .NET or.ORG domain, and you can get the lowest-priced domain name at a name registrar called Name.com.
For more info about top domain registrars, go to bestdomainregistrar.org.
Web Hosting Should Be Helping
When it comes to choosing a host for your personal, hobby or community website, a great number of experienced website developers always recommend Hostgator.
Hostgator has an amazingly long, 45-day money back guarantee, so you have ample time to test them out. They are rated A+ by Better Business Bureau which shows their commitment to customer satisfaction. You also can try them for almost free for the first month.
If you have question or if you get stuck at any of the steps, feel free to ask for help.
For more info about best domain hosting, go to hostingtopic.com.
WordPress Is Not Just for Blogs
WordPress is the most-used content management system (CMS) today. But what successful web designers do not want you to know is that you can use WordPress to build the framework for a Google friendly, top-ranking website. As an analogy, we can look at building a website like building a house. Think of WordPress as the foundation of a house.
After you install WP using QuikInstall (if using Hostgator), it is a straightforward matter to set up your site, starting with the installation of WordPress templates. Think of WordPress template as the finishing of the house which includes tiles, doors, paints etc. This is what makes the house unique from the others.
You can find a great many of the templates on the internet, both commercial and free.
Use a Ready-made Template
You can opt for the free ones here.
If you are making a website for a business, then we suggest that you get a professional-looking templates so that your website will look different from the other websites out there. One thing to be aware of is that not all themes are equal, and you often get what you pay for.
The free themes has minimal documentation and has almost no support. If you are new to web development, we guarantee you that you will need all the support you can get.
3 Gorgeous Multi-purpose WordPress Templates to Make a Beautiful Website
Not satisfied with the themes above? Here are some good looking all-purpose templates most suited for any website.
Make Some Money from Your Website
If done right, you not only can cover the cost to make your website, but you or your community can also make extra money from it. So how do you collect some funds from your website? There are many ways, but here are the best ways:
- Donation via Paypal – if you are passionate about something and can provide useful content to your visitors, why not ask for some donation? Paypal made it easy to collect donations from websites. For additional info, go to paypal.com/webapps/mpp/donations
- Use Google Adsense – put Ads. Google Adsense is a popular one used by majority of the websites. For useful info about specific Adsense templates, go to wordpressadsensetheme.net
- Promote products or services by others – for more info, go to businesswebhost.org/best-affiliate-programs-for-beginners/
- Sell something – try a product or service. Learn what your visitors want and give it to them.
What Is The Total Cost for a Website?
These are the costs you absolutely need to pay:
|Item||Cost||Save Even More|
|about $15/year||See the cheapest registrar|
|Web Hosting||about $100/year||See the best hosting deal|
|Web Design||about $60 (one time)||This is optional if you have a business. See the best templates for business|
So your actually cost should be less than $200 initially and $110 recurring. That is it.