The Media Temple (dv) Plan any good?
Even the cheapest Media Temple (dv) plan sucks if you just compare the price with another popular hosting like Godaddy or Hostgator. Media Temple (dv) is bad because it costs $50 for a hosting plan? Here is the truth – MT (dv) is not a plan for everyone.
MT (dv) plan is a virtual private server (VPS) that is designed for business web hosting. A VPS (virtual private server) is a special kind of server that is utilized by a single client. Being a virtual private server, having Media Temple (dv) hosting your site, is a lot like having a physical dedicated server, only a lot cheaper.
Although having your virtual machine involves sharing a server with other people, this number is quite small, really. It is miles away from sharing a server on the cheap, shared hosting plans that cost about $5-10 per month. A virtual machine comes with the real advantage of much lower costs than an actual dedicated server does since the cost is shared between several clients. You can think of this as being similar to a group of friends renting a condo unit together and sharing the cost.
We cannot say the same about the other plans such as MT (gs) or their dedicated hosting, but the MT (dv) we are using is fast and reliable.
The cost of a (dv) falls somewhere between that of a full-on dedicated hosting and that of regular shared hosting. Media Temple (dv) is priced mid-range and prices for this venerable (dv) start at $50 per month for the 512MB plan and 30Gb disk space as well as ITB monthly transfer(your web traffic bandwidth). If you need more space than this, you can get a higher-priced plan.
Get Exclusive 10%-Less Media Temple(dv) Offer (using the coupon below) for tipsbuatduit.com visitors.
Media Temple (dv) Features
Media Temple (dv) comes with excellent features; after all, it is one of the market leaders in its category. Here we shall look at just a few of these:
- Plesk Control Panel. Media Temple (dv) users will really appreciate the Plesk Control Panel. This is a web-based program uniquely designed for server automation, web hosting and easy installation of your business applications. The content management system, charging and provisioning of Plesk are fully integrated to give you an unparalleled experience. Overall, the User Interface is very user-friendly and does not require any installation of external applications.
- Web Applications. Media Temple (dv) comes with more than 140 easy-to-install applications. All you need to do to is install any of these desired app from the menu provided, click on it, and it becomes available online. You are spoiled to choose with so many apps. However, you might want to check out the more popular ones such as Joomla, WordPress, Drupal and a raft of eCommerce apps such as OSCommerce and Magento as well as MediaWiki (wiki computer software) and phpBB (forum software).
- Install Anything. You have complete freedom once you acquire Media Temple (dv) Plan and can install your Linux-based applications, server software or OS of your choice. This means that you can customize it by installing the applications you want. This gives you complete control over the (dv). Remember that you get full root-level access to this marvelous virtual server so go ahead and customize it the way you want. The new version of this virtual server comes with many other popular applications such as PHP, Perl, MySQL, Dark Red, Python and a host of other pre-installed applications.
- Sell Hosting. The price of Media Temple (dv) Plan might look a little steep at first glance but when you consider that it is perfectly possible for you to resell your excess bandwidth, it makes a perfect sense. We all know that major shared hosting plans such as Godaddy, Hostgator, Bluehost amongst others, do not allow you to resale your excess bandwidth. So this is definitely good news for you since you can recover some of the money you pay for your plan. Media Temple (dv) clearly offers the best value for money. Managing your clients on Media Temple (dv) is a breeze. By using the Plesk Control Panel, you can allocate resources to each of your clients and also run your private name-servers. Each of your clients gets a separate entry into their own control panel. Want to impress your clients? Then brand your User Interface with our company logo or whatever you choose.
- Reboot. Repair. Reboot. The Media Temp (dv) PowerPanel web interface lets you harness the full flexibility of your virtualization. You can place your server in repair mode to resolve common problems. The optional Snapshot Backup add-on will help you to revert instantly to your snapshots just in case they fail to work. If you want to start from the very beginning, you can automatically re-provision and restore your server to its former state. A reboot is very easy.
- Premium Resource Isolation. (dv) servers come with dedicated processor cycles as well as dedicated memory and storage. You can choose the exact resources you need. (dv) is powered by the most efficient virtualization OS available-Parallels Virtuozzo Containers. This enables you to monitor your server’s performance closely by using real-time statistics such as memory, CPU, network utilization and so on.
Getting Started with Media Temple (dv) Plan
You will get a well-laid out guide from Media Temple to help you get started. But truth be told, you might not need this at all. We found that whole process is pretty much straight-forward, even for long time non-techie shared hosting users like us. No wonder many top bloggers, creative professionals, and small businesses, as well as large enterprises like Starbucks, Adidas, Samsung, and Toyota trust Media Temple for the websites.
Exclusive Discount Link: Get 10% Off Any Plans using the coupon below and try Media Template!
Disclaimer: This review is only for the DV plan. We cannot say the same with the cheaper Grid plan. If you are looking for the cheapest hosting for personal or hobby site, then Hostgator might be better for you. Use the Hostgator coupon codes for 2014 and you can even get a shared plan for much cheaper than the advertised price.