You know how many new websites are launched every day? Did you know that title of your press release or announcement is the first thing a journalist will see?
Here are 7 common mistakes when creating titles or headlines for a press release:
- Title that is not concise
- Title that is not enticing enough
- Title that does not gives a good overview of your story
- Title that will not encourage the journalist to keep reading
- Lengthy, detailed titles that go on and on and on…
- Title that uses puns, but not witty
Title that is using clichés
Grabbing attention of readers to read and view our website can be a daunting task. The website launching announcement itself has a large indirect influence on the outcome of a successful website launch plan.
There are many different aspects of an announcement needed to be optimized in order for one to reach its maximum traffic generating potential. The higher traffic from your announcement, the higher traffic to your website or product. So what’s the first part of an announcement you should focus on? The title!